Nail Art Inspired By: Jeans

Sunday 2 November 2014

Hi lovelies,

So, I've got another Inspired By post for you today, one that I've been meaning to do for aaaaages and have been sitting around in my un-posted file for almost as long! These nails were inspired by a pair of jeans that I own and ever since I bought them I've been meaning to do a nail design based on these.

I did buy these jeans about a year ago, so it did take me a while to get round to it, but hey, I did it eventually! To be honest, mostly I was putting these off because I didn't feel my skills were up to doing it justice, but then I figured that I could do them now and then even if they were a bit crap, at least I had tried and done some practise and I could always revisit them later. :)




To be honest, I think I was having a bit of an off day and while the whole design had promise, they didn't really come together as I hoped. Also, I totally forgot to take a picture of the nails with the jeans that inspired them. I also experienced some major shrinkage with my top coat, which doesn't normally happen and I had to get up and do stuff right after I'd painted these so my top coat also suffered from the wrinkles... My photography was also pretty hideous.....

You know what? I think I might just chalk the whole thing up as a 'could do better' attempt.

Here's a shot of the jeans, so you can see the original pattern :)
For these nails, I used
Snow Me White by Sinful Colors (white)
Black Satin by ulta3 (black)
Endless Blue by Sinful Colors (blue, pictured)
Shade 12 by BC Company (light blue)

And I topped the design with Poshe's Super Fast Drying Top Coat.


In the end, I think my favourite nail was my thumb, but I'm not that happy with the execution of any of them. However, I do think the design had potential and I think I'll revisit them later.

You can see the rest of my Inspired By post's here, if you want. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.