What I Liked About November

Sunday 30 November 2014

Once again, it's the end of the month and that means it's time for another Monthly Favourites. So, without further ado, here is the list of the things I particularly liked this month.

Source
Begin Again Soundtrack
I saw this movie in the cinema when it first came out and I really loved it. Like, really, really loved it. It was just so different and so refreshing. It was the ending that really got me. I wasn't expecting it to end where it did and I wasn't expecting the ending that it did have. However, I was glad that it did end how it did - I thought it was very reflective of the whole tone and mood of the movie. The soundtrack is also just beautiful and well worth a listen.

Source
Melanie Martinez
I came across this lovely singer quite by accident. Her cover of Toxic by Britney Spears came up on my tumblr dashboard and I loved it. Her version is just so haunting and beautiful. So far, most of her songs that I have heard all share that ethereal, haunting, lilting quality that I really like in my songs (although my mother thinks it's just depressing and morbid - I disagree). Basically, she's a great artist, in my opinion.

Source
Rubyetc
These comics are honestly some of the most beautiful, ridiculous, most relatable and funny comics I have ever had the pleasure of discovering. I like them mostly because I can relate to them and they're funny but also because of the simple and almost unfinished scrawling nature of them.

Source
Parks and Recreation
Once again, I am proving how late to the game I am with TV shows, but hey, I do get around to them eventually. I started watching this because I had so many friends telling me I needed to see this show immediately and who am I to turn down what was sure to be a great recommendation. And it was! I am nearly finished the second season and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like how all the characters really start unfolding in the second season and I love the interactions between them and I love how nothing is too serious. It's nice to have a relatively drama free show. And the episodes are only 20 minutes each. That's really, really nice. :)

Savvy Ultra Matte Lipstick in 'Icon'
I've been on the lookout for a good purple/pink lipstick for aaages and this was my most recent purchase. To be honest, I probably have about three times as many purple/pink lipsticks than I have any other colour cause I can never seem to find quite the right shade. Anyway, I digress. Icon is a really great colour - a very vibrant pink/purple and it dries completely matte, as it claims on the tube. It does come out a tiny bit pinker on my lips than it looks in the tube or on the back of my hand, but that doesn't really matter much to me. Application is smooth and even and once dry, it does not budge, which is great for me, as I always end up smearing my lipsticks. It's lasting power is pretty good - it's not the greatest, but it's definitely up there. However, because of the vibrant colour, when it begins to wear off the inner lip (the bit closest to the inside of your mouth) it's quite noticeable, just because it's quite a different colour to my natural lip colour and when I reapplied, I noticed it started to get a little gritty because of the old and new lipstick mixing together, which is a bit irritating. But hey, at least the colour is awesome!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.