What I Liked About October

Friday 31 October 2014

Hello beautiful people!

Another month over and that means it's time for another Monthly Favourites (shhhh... We'll just ignore the fact I didn't do any for August or September...).

Not quite my final look, but pretty close
Halloween
In case you hadn't noticed by my copious amounts of Halloween nail art, I rather like Halloween. Although, to be honest, I like anything that means I can throw a themed party, dress up in costumes and generally have a theme in which to base my life around for while.

Source
Scarecrow Deluxe Vampire Fangs in Small
I got these for my Halloween costume this year (I went as a vampire, in case you hadn't guessed) and I was thoroughly pleased with them. I got them from here on Ebay and I would recommend both the seller and the teeth. They were straight forward to apply and fit (although the paste was a bit gross tasting) and while I couldn't bite together with them in, I had no problems speaking. The teeth were a good size for my mouth and I would highly recommend getting the smaller ones as opposed to the larger ones if you are going to be wearing them for long periods of time.

Taken from my instagram
Hot Weather
It is not secret to anyone that knows me that I love summer. I love the heat, the sun, the general feeling of quietness that comes over Perth in the middle of summer. I don't mind winter, in fact I might go as far as saying that I quite love it. I love the rain, the opportunity to stay inside and watch movies and read books, but nothing quite compares to the feeling I get when the sun finally starts warming up the earth and the sounds of the crickets chirping in the bush and all the opportunities to go swimming!


Ikea LUGGA Scented Candle in Fresh Linen
Now I like scented candles as much as the next person, but having always shared a room, I never spent that much time in my room and me and my sister always had quite different tastes when it came to scents. But now I have my own room I've been very much enjoying getting to choose all the stuff for it based on my tastes only and nobody else's! This candle has a soft, fresh smell that's noticeable but not obtrusive and is neither too sweet nor too sharp. It's very true to it's name of 'Fresh Linen' and the candle jar is an attractive shape and for only AUS $2.95 and a burn time of 20 hrs, it was a real bargain!



The Skulduggary Pleasant series
These books are amazing! Very, very good. And so refreshing in the writing style. A lot of the books and stuff I've been reading lately have been aimed at adults and while I've been really enjoying them, it's also been really nice to read books that are less complicated, more straight forward and less intricate. The writing is witty and at some points, delightfully silly and it's great to have some light reading! :) I actually had the chance to meet the author earlier this month, which was amazing and also led to me buying the entire set (I couldn't just have the last book, could I? And anyway, it was a really good deal!)


On second thoughts, I probably shouldn't have photographed this in front of a white background..
Platinum by Face of Australia
This is about my third or fourth matte top coat and really, I should have learned by now that some thing's are worth paying more money for. I've been on the search for a really good matte top coat for about a year now and I think I've hit the jackpot with this one. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting it to be fabulous, I was just hoping it would be less smear and chip city that my other ones. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It's really really good. It doesn't smear, it is very matte and as an added bonus, it's also very fast drying. And at only AUS $4.95 - it's a bargain!

Source
Stretching
I know this seems like a weird addition to this list, but hear me out! Flexibility is something that doesn't come naturally to me but is something I do like to have. I got quite flexible while I was doing Tae Kwon Do, but since stopping that I lost quite a bit of my hard won flexibility. So over the past couple of months I've been really working on getting it back up there and beyond when it was before and this month. I've also just started a Splits and Flex dance class, which focuses on really imroving your flexibility. And it's way tougher than I thought it would be. I felt like an over-cooked noodle after I'd finished and the next day I felt like an uncooked noodle - everything was so stiff! But it's really been helping and I can really feel my flexibility improving! (Also putting it on this list let me use my favourite picture again) :)



Marina and the Diamonds
I've loved the song Primadonna for ages, but never thought to look up any more of her stuff until tis month and all I can say is that I'm really annoyed at myself for not looking her up earlier! I like how some of it is just so utterly absurd and some of the lyrics are just so beautiful and some are just so on point. So here's one of her songs - How To Be A Heartbreaker - which I love for it's catchyness and the complete absurdity of the music video.

And that pretty much wraps up my Monthly Favourites for October. See what I liked about other months here, if you want.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.