Inspired By: Avengers Assemble - Iron Man

Thursday 20 November 2014

Hi lovelies!

So, does anyone remember that series I begun/challenge I set myself to do nail art based on all of the Avengers? If you don't, that's totally cool because my last ones were all the way back in September. But, I decided I actually needed to complete them and so here are my latest ones!


When I first did these, I was really, really, super proud of them. I thought they were a great concept, nicely designed, within my capabilities and they executed well too. However, so far, only about 3ish have guessed who these nails are based off of. In the past 3 days. I have to admit, I lost a bit of faith in my abilities because of that... Most seem to think they're based on a woman and even when I narrow it down to a character, in a movie, that I really like, they still didn't get it. Lots also thought they were Christmas themed nails.



I think that's partly the fault of the random geometric designs on the thumb, index and pinky finger in red and gold - not really recognisable as anything and also kind of Christmassy looking. But I was so proud of my arc reactor! And nobody recognised it.....

In case you guys were unsure, the  thumb, index and pinky finger are just random designs based on the amour, my middle finger is Tony's face and my ring finger is the arc reactor.

Anyway, I'm still proud of these! (Although if anybody else would like to share what they think of them, more opinions would be good). And these are totally my favourite out of all the Avengers designs I've done so far (all two of the them) but basically because Tony Stark is my favourite Avenger ever because Tony Stark is the best ever and no one will ever convince me otherwise. I will take Tony over Steve any day although Clint does come a close second. :)


For these nails, I used
Lady in Red by Face of Australia (red)
Midnight Fireworks by Face of Australia (gold)
Black Out by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear (black)
Shade 12 by BC Company
Shade 26 by BC Company
Endless Blue by Sinful Colors (dark blue)
Snow Me White by Sinful Colors (white, mixed with Shade 12 to get light blue highlights)

And it was all topped off with a coat of Poshe's Super Fast Drying Top Coat


If you haven't already seen them, check out my Captain America and Black Widow nail art and here's the link to the rest of my Inspired By designs.

(And no one will make me not proud of these cause they are awesome and life goals have been completed today).



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.