Glitter Gradient Mermaid Nails

Sunday 15 March 2015

Hi lovelies,

I'm sorry I haven't been around recently, but as I mentioned briefly in my last post, I've just started uni and these past couple of weeks have been a bit of a blur of organisation, finding my way around, buying books and getting lost on campus. Also, my workload is way more than I was expecting so I don't know how well I'm going to be able to manage uni, my job and running this blog. But never fear, there is no way I'm going to be leaving this blog. Although, I think I may have to revisit my New Years resolution about publishing at least 8 posts a month because obviously, I didn't manage that last month!

But, enough blathering on my part! On to today's nails!



I have obviously been on a massive mermaid appreciation phase lately, as both my my last mani's here have been mermaid themed ones! But what can I say? My mermaid style has exponentially increased since I dyed my hair blue and my new blue and iridescent purple lipsticks have arrived and I'm loving it all.

Although, the only problem is that while I got lots of great pictures of my gorgeous gradient base, I only got one usable picture of my finished look, which kind of sucks. But, never mind, I loved this look way too much to let that deter me from posting this design!





So that's my actual finished look, which I loved to pieces. Being only my second time attempting fish scales, I was really happy with them and I also really loved the jewels and rhinestones I stuck on the other fingers.

For these nails I used,
Glitter Envy by Sportsgirl (green at base of gradient)
New Years Eve by ulta3 (blue glitter - pictured)
Silver Dollar by Revlon (silver underneath silver glitter)
Unnamed silver glitter by QV (tip of gradient)
Loose silver craft glitter around rhinestones
Studs from this wheel from the Born Pretty Store
Rhinestones from the Born Pretty Store

And it was topped off with one coat of HK Girl by Glisten and Glow over the gradient and then another coat over the freehand scales.


And that's about it. Hopefully I should be able to resume semi regular posting now that I've gotten a bit more settled at uni, but we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, don't forget to follow me on instagram as @polish_plus_ for extra behind the scene pictures and nail art tutorials, which I've just started making. The tutorial for this look should hopefully be up early tomorrow morning (Australian time).



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.