Beach Deck Chair Summer Nail Art

Friday 23 January 2015

Hi everyone,

My nails today are definitely one of my favourites that I've done this year. In fact, I think they are my favourites. Which is kind of surprising considering they are a very simple design and involve a fairly pale pink, which I don't generally like very much at all. But, I do love them anyway. And something about them reminds me of summery deck chairs, hence the name. 



I have been all into the matte designs recently, especially mattifying neons and whites. I don't what it is about a matte white, but I really love it. It always looks so crisp and clean and sophisticated. I am also loving my nail shape at the moment. I've always nails that hover between squoval and oval and if you had asked me 3 months ago, I would have told you that I never would change from that shape. But.... I had been admiring the gorgeous nails of @paintedcandynails@secretjewelgarden and @decorateddigits on instagram and decided to take the plunge and drastically alter the shape of my nails. And I love it! 




I also reckon I'm getting better at photography my right hand. I mean, the above photo is almost decent! Actually, I also feel I'm getting much better at painting with my non-dominant hand as well. I know this design doesn't actually rely much (if at all) on hand stability, but it's still great to end up with two hand that look practically identical.

For these I used,
Shrimply Devine by Sally Hansen
Snow Me White by Sinful Colors

The studs were from this wheel from the Born Pretty Store (use my code ASCX31 for 10% off) and it was topped off with a coat of Super Fast Drying Top Coat by Poshe and then Platinum by Face of Australia (matte top coat).



If you're in Australia, I hope you've got great weather coming your way (in prep for Australia Day) and are enjoying it and if you aren't, well I hope you're enjoying whatever weather you have. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.