Teal Mermaid Nails

Thursday 19 February 2015

Hi everyone,

So, you'll be glad to know that I'm back to slightly erratic posts again after a brief stint at actual consistent posting. However, I'm quite proud that at least while things have been a little erratic, at least there have been no extended, unexplained absences.

I've just been feeling a bit stressed out and anxious recently due to the fact that I'm starting uni next week and I've been really tired all this week so all has compounded to me not really having much motivation. Although, it hasn't yet got to the the 'hiding out in my room doing nothing but reading Avengers fanfiction' stage so I'm by my standards, I'm managing all right.

Basically it was only because I really loved this design that I ever managed to photograph it and get it up.



If you're following me on instagram, you'll know I recently suffered a really bad nail break and had to chop off my baby claws, which was a sad time all around and explains the suddenly shorter and rounder nails.

As much as I loved my longer nails, I do feel (after an acceptable grieving period, of course), that it probably was time for me to have a change and cut them shorter again. They are feeling a lot healthier and I was able to cut off all the stained and peeling bits so they look super duper healthy. Yay!




I'll still be really glad when they grow back though.

Anyway, I've been meaning to do scaled, mermaid nails for ages and I needed something to cheer me up after my break so here they are. And I love them. They are easily in my favourites for this year and probably make it into the top 5, or top 10 at the least, of favourite designs that I've ever done. The scaled accent nails were a lot easier to do than I was expecting, which is always a plus.



For these, I used,
Washing Ashore by ILNP (green/blue)
Black Out by Sally Hansen (black)
Voldemort by Face of Australia (black and teal glitter)
Nailholic by Mode (multicoloured glitter)

It was then all finished off with a coat of HK Girl by Glisten and Glow.


And that's about it so I'll see you all next time and till then, I'll be enjoying living the #mermaidlife!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.