Christmas Nail Art Challenge - Day 5

Monday 9 December 2013



Hello lovelies,

Today, it's time for day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge. Today's prompt was 'Christmas Song/Carol'. My nails for today were inspired by a very non-traditional Christmas song by Owl City called The Christmas Song. You can hear it here, if you haven't heard it (I recommend it, it's a lovely song). These nails were particularly inspired by the line

'It's Christmas, and we are in love, with the way that the soft snowflakes kiss us'




Anyway, I'm sorry about the fuzziness of the photos and the not so fabulous people (in case you couldn't tell, there is a man on my index finger and a woman on my pinky). Drawing stick people is a lot harder than it looks! :)



For these nails I used OPI's 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' (white), 'Hottie' by Sinful Colours and 'Black Out' by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.

I'm sure you all know the drill by now, but I'll go through it anyway. To see the rest of todays interpretations, go to Nailed It NZ's post here and go to the links at the bottom.



10 comments :

  1. Love the blue, the glitter and adore Owl City!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - isn't that blue glitter beautiful? I have been looking for an excuse to wear it since I bought it, but it hadn't really fitted in with any of the challenges until this one. And Owl City - I love it, so much. Although, not as much as my mother. I introduced him to her and then, bang, that was like all she listened to for like the next month. :) But, at least she has good taste in music :)

      xxLissa

      Delete
    2. Yep, I know and I am very glad for it. :)

      xxLissa

      Delete
  2. Love that song so much!
    Great nails! Love those snow flakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked the nails with just the blue and snowflakes - they looked awesome. But then I added the people and they became less awesome, but I still like them. And that song is beautiful, isn't it?

      xxLissa

      Delete
  3. I've never heard that song before, its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song really is lovely, isn't it? A lot of his stuff is equally beautiful, so you should check it out. I especially love 'The Tip of the Iceberg'. That as the first song of his that I heard and I just fell in love with that one song. It's still my favourite song of his.

      xxLissa

      Delete
  4. I will listen to that song tonight! Very pretty manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - you should definitely do that. It's a lovely song. Also, glad you like my nails, I like it too. :)

      xxLissa

      Delete

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.