Christmas Nail Art Challenge - Day 4

Saturday 7 December 2013



Hello to you all and how are you today?

Me, I am exceedingly tired as Midget, my younger sister, thought it would be an awesome idea to wake me up at 7:00 this morning so that I could watch Phineas and Ferb with her. Urgh... Okay, maybe I might have said the other week that she should wake me up so that I could watch it with her, but I didn't know it was at 7:00!

Anyway, for the 4th day of the 1 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge, the prompt was 'Christmas where you live'. I live in Australia and for me, Christmas conjures up visions of sun, heat, sand, the beach, flies, heat, heat and more heat. For me, if Christmas Day isn't over 38 degrees, something feels a little off. :)

So, in true summer fashion, these are my nails depicting Christmas where I live.





For as long as I can remember, my family has always gone to the beach on Christmas morning. We head off earlyish, about 8:00-8:30 and go for a swim. This swim is compulsory, although it's generally so hot already that nobody minds. Then we come home and go in the pool and Dad cooks a big brunch. Then we generally go in the pool again and then after coffee we finally open our presents. So, for me, the water, especially the beach, just epitomes Christmas for me.



For these nails, I used 'Vivid Blue' by Urban Colours, an unknown blue and beige for the sand and sea and 'Snow Me White' by Sinful Colours.

To check out the work of the other lovely ladies today, head over here, to Nailed It NZ and scroll down to the links at the bottom (I'm sure you all know the drill by now anyway). :)



2 comments :

  1. I like your beach it looks fabulous! It's great to meet another Aussie too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)I'm glad you recognised it as a beach - one of my sisters thought it was a picture of the sky. That, and the fact that she thought my gingerbread men were Shawn the Sheep made me lose a bit of confidence. :) Also, welcome, fellow Aussie. :)

      xxLissa

      Delete

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.