10 Random Facts About Me

Monday 2 December 2013

Hello lovelies,

Following in the spirit of Cassie at TheReluctant Femme and Jes at TheMilitant Baker, I have decided to do a 10 Random Facts about me post. I think this is a great idea because while blogging is great and the internet is fabulous, the problem is that with blogs, you often only see the bits of people that are relevant to their particular blog (make-up, nails, photography etc.). You don’t get to have those tiny insights and those little facts that really make a person a person, rather than a personality. Also, because I’m just nosy and I’m hoping that my 10 Random Facts post might inspire others to do the same and then I can satisfy the little sneak inside of me. :)

1. I am the oldest of four girls and I love it. I wouldn’t trade my spot as the oldest for anything. Being the oldest means I can watch and see my little sisters grow up – I can see the transition from baby to child to teenager and to adult. I love that.

2. I love to change my appearance. If I could have any superpower in the world, it would be to be able to change my appearance at will – to be a metamorphmagus. As I cannot, I have to rely on wigs, contacts and make-up (or at least, I would, if I could afford to buy it all).

Source here
3. I am extremely superstitious. I always hold by breathing under bridges, never look at my cards until the dealer has, and get a little spooked out when black cats start giving me funny looks.

4. I like religion. I am not religious and do not associate with any particular religion, but I like it all the same. I find it fascinating and feel that I could be very religious, if I found a religion that suited me.

Source here

5. Birthdays and Christmas are the best times of the year for me. It doesn’t have to be my birthday – any birthday will suit me. I love the festivities and the atmosphere and the joy and love that surround these events.



Source here


6. One of my favourite smells in the world is the smell of frying onions. It reminds of when I was smaller (well, younger – I’m fairly small now) and I would come home from school very late, or come home from swimming lessons or board training and mum would be in the kitchen, frying onions for dinner. It is just such a homely smell.


7. My signature dish is pancakes. I will make them for anybody that asks, and even some that don’t and I will eat mountains of them. I love them, believe that knowing how to make a decent pancake from scratch is a great life skill and feel that most days can be improved with a good serving of pancakes.

8. I don’t really want a relationship. I’m happy being single and I just don’t really want to have the effort of maintaining a relationship with somebody else.

9. I’m not a big fan of chick flicks. I just don’t really see the point of them. I’d much rather watch something with lots of shooting and action and interesting plot twists than some bland thing where you know how it’s going to end

Source here


10. I don’t mind cockroaches. It’s not that I like them, per say, they are insects and I’m not a huge fan of insects in general, but I don’t dislike them. They are clean and hygienic animals and I don’t feel they deserve the nastiness and hate that get’s thrown their way.


And there you have it. 10 random facts about me. I hope you feel like you know me a little better now and if you would like to share any random facts about yourself, I would love to hear. Either post in the comments or create your own post, but could you link it back to here, Cassie’s post and Jes’s original post? Then we can all share. :)



2 comments :

  1. Man, I HATED being the oldest. If I never hear, "You should know better" again I will die extremely happy :P
    Totally agree with you on pancakes - when I started having to eat gluten and dairy free, suitable pancakes were one of the first things I learned to cook.
    I kind of agree with you about religion - I'm very jealous of the peace and certainty it seems to bring some people. I really wish I had that, and I think that religion can be a wonderful part of life for some people. I just wish less people used Christianity in particular as an excuse to be total jackasses.
    One last confession - for all my rationality, I too am also a touch superstitious. I have a totally unbreakable habit of knocking on wood whenever anyone says something is too good to be true, and I've been known to cross my fingers quietly for luck. I've never heard the card one before...I'll have to remember that next time I'm playing poker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - that bit does king of suck about being the oldest. Do you have sisters or brothers?
      Gluten and dairy free?! How do you even make good pancakes with no gluten or dairy????? I also agree with that comment on religion. I do feel that many people use it as a way to act like dicks and I do find that many can be very close minded and very unwilling to look at things another way. Just because they believe something does not make it automatically true.
      I totally forgot about crossing my fingers! That is something I do on almost a daily basis - it must look really weird but I've been doing it so long it's just subconscious now. :)

      xxLissa

      Delete

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.