Pumpkin Halloween Nail Art

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Hi lovelies,

So, I was meant to have two more sets of nails up in this time, but unfortunately I was a bit sick over the weekend, so no nails...

But, since these are my (probable) second last set of Halloween nails, I definitely reached the goal I set for myself of doing at least 5 sets of Halloween nails. All up, I feel it has been a much better effort than last year!


However, it would have been nice to have had a slightly better set of nails to show you as my second last set. I had hoped my Halloween nails would have gotten better over the month, but alas, no. I can't quite decide whether they are worse than my witch nails or not.



On the plus side - at least everyone recognised them as pumpkins and that is a definite win in my book! However, I thought that the leaves and stems were kind of dodgy although I blame that on the fact that I have just not seen that many pumpkins growing. Actually, I think the only time I have seen them growing is when someone put pumpkin peel and pips in our compost bin and then we put it on the vege patch and all the seeds from the compost started growing and the resulting pumpkin plants took over our entire vegetable garden. But that was a few years ago.

And I used beige. I really hate beige. It's so boring. I just don't do nude colours. That's the other issue I have with these nails. Although I didn't have that issue when I first did them. It was only after I'd wore them for two days or so. Then I got really irritated with the bloody colour.



So, for these nails I used
Shade 26 by BC Company (beige)
Some Like It Hot by Face of Australia (orange, pictured)
Mango Slurpee by Face of Australia (light orange accents on pumpkin)
Grass Slipper by Sally Hansen (light green)
Dark green was Grass Slipper mixed with Black Out (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear)

And it was all topped with Poshe's Super Fast Drying Top Coat

And that's about it for me. I'm sorry this was a bit late, but ehh. Sickness happens and stuff. :)

See the rest of my Halloween designs here!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.