Glow in the Dark Nail Polish

Thursday 3 October 2013


To be honest, I think the post title says it all. :)

I got my first glow in the dark nail polish a couple of days ago and it was so exciting! First off, the colour was incredibly bright be itself - I swear I have never seen such a bright orange before. These pictures do not do it justice as all, the colour was just that incredible..... I got so many comments from people about how bright they were and when I told them they glowed in the dark, nobody was surprised. They really are bright.





I got the polish from the Born Pretty Store, along with what seemed like a tonne of other stuff, but wasn't really... It was about $3, I think, so I was a little dubious about it's ability to glow, but I then...... I put it in the dark.

I was amazed. I loved it. I had nail polish that GLOWED IN THE DARK! My life was complete.

On a slight sadder note, it did chip really quickly, like within one night I already had some nicks and I hadn't done anything but a bit of homework but then again, that might just be the white base I put underneath it - it is extremely prone to chipping. (Manicare French White - I'm looking at you). So, I still have high hopes for it. (Apparently so do my mum and Midget, who liked mine so much I had to go and order them some too). :)


Oh, and the other thing I noticed is that when it first went on, the polish glowed really quite orange, however by the third day, it glowed a more yellow-y white - the same sort of colour that those plastic glow in the dark stars glow. Also, these pictures aren't quite true to the actual colour - it's a more orange-orange than the yellowy-orange that these pictures show. This was 3 coats over 3 coats of Manicare French White.

But, the main message I feel you should take away from this post is that glow in the dark nail polish is cool and that you should go and get some. :)







No comments :

Post a Comment

Getting, reading and replying to your comments make my day, so please go and and tell me your thoughts.